Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Are Club Sport's Fair?

Last weekend my swim team and I went to Florida for a training trip. Although I had a great time and loved spending time with my friends I realized the extent to which things like this could be unfair for people who can not afford club athletics such as. Looking back at the soccer team I grew up playing on, the swim team I am now on and the lacrosse teams my brother has played for I have noticed a constant trend; the price.  Organized club athletics are a growing part of many peoples life no matter what sport they're playing but is it fair that some people can afford these things over others. 

Many people play their sports a way to help get them into a great college. Yet, if a boy from the northshore excels at baseball and plays on all the best teams how is even possible to compare him to a less fortunate boy who can not afford the best equipment, coaches or teams. As sports become more and more important to people is it fair that the cost is so high? Please share your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment